Start Exploring & Building
How to start playing & exploring NFT Worlds
Effective July 20th, 2022 - NFT Worlds is no longer building on top of Minecraft. Instead, we're developing our own game & metaverse platform. Please join on Discord to stay up to date and get the latest info.
There are three main ways of exploring your world.
NFT Worlds Explorer dApp
Minecraft 1.17 Launcher
NFT Worlds Launcher
Build / Edit Worlds
View Custom NFT World Traits
Blockchain & Smart Contract Interactions
You can explore any NFT World directly from your browser using our explorer web dApp.
This web dApp is extremely easy to use. All you have to go is look up any world number, and enter the following URL into your web browser: https://nftworlds.com/WORLD_NUMBER
The web browser explorer dApp is supported both on computers and mobile devices. On mobile devices, simply use the on-screen controls presented to go up/down, forward/backwards.
For computer, use the following keyboard & mouse controls to explore.
- To move: use the W, A, S and D keys (WASD).
- To go up: hold spacebar.
- To go down: hold shift.
- To look around: click and drag.
Alternatively, if you're browsing on OpenSea, just click the "View on NFT Worlds" button as seen in the image below, this will open directly into the explorer for that world.
You can easily view an NFT World in the explorer dApp by clicking the "View on NFT Worlds" button from OpenSea for any world you want to explore in the web browser.
To fully access your world and begin exploring and building in it with Minecraft version 1.17, follow the steps below.
This guide explains the setup to use the Minecraft 1.17 launcher and begin playing and building in your world. Most of these steps will only ever need to be done once. Once a world has been created in your Minecraft game, you can simply load up the game anytime and play without repeating these steps.
- 1.Download the official Minecraft client from the official website: https://www.minecraft.net/
- 2.Click on the big green "Get Minecraft" button.
- 3.Select "Computer", then choose the platform you are using (Window, Mac (OSX), Linux), then select "Minecraft: Java Edition". NFT Worlds currently only has full support for Minecraft: Java Edition.
- 4.Please note: You will need to purchase Minecraft on the official website for roughly $27 USD if you don't already own it.
Your world's seed is a unique number specific to your NFT World, this allows you to enter your world in the Minecraft game and begin exploring and building in it.
- 1.Go to the NFT Worlds World Manager dApp: https://nftworlds.com/managerImage example (Click to view):
- 2.Sign-in to the world manager dApp using your MetaMask wallet. Specifically using the wallet that owns the NFT World you want to explore / build in.
- 3.Select which of your worlds you'd like to play and obtain the seed for, then press the "Play World" button in the world manager.Image example (Click to view):
- 4.Click the "Copy Seed" button from the popup.Image example (Click to view):
- 5.You've now copied your seed, it's time to load up Minecraft.
You'll need to load Minecraft version 1.17 to correctly access your world. Please follow the steps below to do that.
- 1.Start Minecraft on your computer.
- 2.Important note: Worlds are locked to version 1.17. By default Minecraft runs version 1.18. therefore please follow the next steps carefully.Image example (Click to view):
- 3.Once inside the Minecraft launcher, check if your version is already 1.17. If it is, skip to step 8. If it is not, proceed below.
- 4.Navigate to the "Installations" tab.
- 5.Now click "New Installation"Image example (Click to view):
- 6.Click the "Versions" dropdown, then select "Release 1.17" from the options.Image example (Click to view):
- 7.Then click the "Create" button in the lower right.
- 8.Now press the big green "Play" button.
Now we'll get to exploring & building in your world! Let's go!
- 1.Once Minecraft has launched, click the "Singleplayer" button.Image example (Click to view):
- 2.On the bottom right, click "Create New World"Image example (Click to view):
- 3.You can name your world whatever you'd like. There are 2 game modes, survival and create - if you just want to build and explore change the "Game Mode" to "Creative". If you want a challenge, choose survival. We also recommend turning "Allow Cheats" to "On".Image example (Click to view):
- 4.Now, the important part - in the same create world screen, click the "More World Options" button. Now, the seed you copied from earlier, paste it into the "Seed for the world generator" field. Leave all other settings on this page untouched.Image example (Click to view):
- 5.Finally, click "Create New World" - have fun!
Our launcher has not been released yet. You can expect the beta version to be released in January 2022.
The launcher will dramatically simplify the gameplay process. You will no longer have to manually import seeds for your world, all custom graphics will come pre-installed, multiplayer in NFT Worlds will be ready out of the box, and so much more.
You can see a sneak peak at the early NFT Worlds launcher application below. From the application you'll be able to join any public NFT Worlds that world owners have made available to players, see the latest news updates, get automatic updates to your game client, manage your $WRLD wallet built into the NFT Worlds launcher, and much more!
Also please note, the "Download" and "Update" features show in the sneak peak below are only shown to world owners. This provides a simplified system for world owners to download their world's data files, or update them. Worlds as stated can also be updated in real time from within the game, these are mainly convenience mechanisms.
A sneak peak at the NFT Worlds launcher application.